SEO – search engine optimization – is one of the essential tools to boost organic website traffic. If you haven’t reviewed your SEO strategy in a while, now is the perfect time to evaluate your best practices and look into an SEO overhaul for a fresh start.
GKA, a local creative ad agency, offers the following checklist to help you determine whether your site is properly optimized. It will also offer places to start if it’s not:
- Each page contains a mix of main keywords and semantically related keywords that occur naturally in the copy.
- These keywords are present in your page titles, URLs, alt tags, metadata, and more.
- You have plenty of long-form content to display your expertise.
- You use compelling title tags and meta descriptions to grab users’ attention on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) and receive more clicks.
- User experience is something to prioritize, and your pages load fast.
- Your website has a logical structure so users can easily navigate and find the content they need.
Create Sustainable Growth
Successful websites adopt SEO best practices that allow for sustainable growth in terms of organic traffic. Specifically, this includes developing content hand in hand with your strategy, from creating quality and authoritative articles to using keyword research to identify new topics to discuss.
You should also have a plan for building good links to continuously boost your rankings and get more organic traffic. Keeping up with new trends and search methods is also important. Recent examples include voice search, featured snippets and searches for video content.
A strong SEO campaign should focus on attracting qualified traffic by looking at the search intent behind the keywords you target and using data to track conversion rates.
Lastly, you should be aware that Google and other search engines roll out algorithm updates that might call for new best practices, like the recent Google Page Experience update.
Audit Your Website
Ultimately, an SEO overhaul can identify missing or outdated SEO practices and help get better results with new strategies. Let’s work together. Contact us to learn more about getting better results with your SEO efforts!
About the Author
Sarah Crisafulli is vice president of brand strategy for GKA, a creative agency based in Gaithersburg, MD. Contact her at 301-657-8855, ext. 1203.